Matt Caldwell (Vocals)
- Hi! How are you doing during corona outbreak?
As good as any of us really can be, it’s been a trial for sure.
- What have you cancelled/postponed due coronavirus?
We cancelled 3 significant shows, starting in March of 2020, spanning to July 2020.
- How the global coronavirus pandemic is directly impacting bands?
It’s impacting bands in truly significant ways. Live shows are how bands make money and with the pandemic, bands (including big well-known bands have had to improvise)
- How are you keeping your fans during this chaotic period?
Releasing singles, and also releasing a full length album. Hoping to keep them engaged with new releases.
- What will metal look like when we re-emerge from isolation?
I’m hoping it will look no different than before the pandemic but I’m doubtful. I worry about the future of metal. I keep hope alive that we will see things go back to normalcy we’re all acclimatized to.
- Who will suffer the most after all: musicians, organizers promoters…
Musicians. Easily. It’s a trickle-down effect though. Everyone will suffer and as we suffer, I hope we will find unity.
- What is your isolation soundtrack?
Machine Head- Slanderous, Jewel- Hands, Behemoth- Blow Your Trumpets Gabriel, Corona- Rhythm of the Night, Ratt- Round and Round, Dream Theatre- New Millennium, Miller Stain Limit- Cellophane, Halsey- Nightmare
- Besides gigs, what/whom do you miss the most?
I miss being able to talk with like-minded strangers and engage with people in the industry who are just as passionate as myself.
- Do you have any rehearsals during quarantine? If yes, how do they look like?
Yes, when not in lockdown, we rehearse in Ryan’s basement (the bassist).